|Republic of Lydoneia
Républıyet Lydonéia (Lydoneian)
|Motto: Semper Anticus, Lydoneia!|
Lydoneia consists of areas highlighted in yellow
|Official languages||Lydoneian, Naeturic|
|Ethnic groups||74% Lydoneian, 10% Icesteelan, 6% Arcadian & Kogongi, 2% Caelestian, 8% Other|
|Legislature||National Assembly (HOR)|
|•||Crab declares himself Emperor||July 13th, 2021|
|•||Interim Government||July 15th-July 23rd, 2021|
|•||Declaration of Republic||July 24th, 2021|
Law and Order
Lydoneia is led under a Ruling-Elected Democracy. The leader (Minister) is elected by a nationwide vote, and then leads until he/she is removed by the House or resigns.
The Lydoneian economy is mostly fueled by trade, and there is a heavy focus on exports, while the country imports less. The country practices free trade with the exception of the copium trade, which is illegal in Lydoneia.
Lydoneia is a big exporter of spruce wood, wool, concrete, wine, and miscellaneous crops such as berries, potatoes, pumpkins, and wheat. Lydoneia also has gotten a surplus of stone due to the construction of the Wesdurn-Kazem and has been exporting it. Fish is also a big export, however as of January fishing has become less and less common throughout Lydoneia as the large farm in Haven Vinum was constructed, giving Lydoneians a surplus of Bread, carrots, and potatoes. Lydoneia has also recently been exporting tons of netherite, the strongest material in Alathra in the form of tools, armor, and weapons.
The biggest import in Lydoneian as of January 2022 is labour, as the construction of the previously mentioned Wesdurn-Kazem was in need of digging chunks and chunks of stones. The large scale expansion of Haven also required quartz, which was imported on mass in late 2021. As of recently, while quartz is still imported, it is at a much smaller scale as the Haven expansion is mostly complete.
- Lydoneian - The main language of the republic, it is derived from languages of the Northeast of Kogonon, arriving in the Southeast due to trade between the two regions. Lydoneian is spoken in the cities and is much easier to learn from an outsider due to it's simplicity. This version is also the official language of the ROL, being used in official documents like legal code and state records.
- Traditional Lydoneian - Spoken in rural areas mostly southeast and southwest, traditional Lydoneian is much more difficult to learn from outsiders and even to some Lydoneian speakers. Traditional Lydoneian is the closest thing to the original Lydoneian that originated from the Northeast of Kogonon.
- Naeturic - A holy language, spoken only in Haven's Keep by the Lydoneian Republican Guards, and the Naeturis Holy Order. It is said in the Naeturis Scriptures that Josia recieved the language scriptures from the trees, being handed to her on a platter sown of leaves from a thousand worlds, smelling of a sweet berry aroma, with the warmth and love of a million species.
Culture and Religion
- Lydoneian - placeholder
- Havenian Pantheon - The Havenian Pantheon is a polytheistic religion that is centralized in Haven.
- Caelestian - A culture/religion based around the Caelestial race and the Caelestial Doctrine primarily followed by Novus Caelestis and Wok.
All dates are kept OOC in order to maintain order with other timelines
- The Southern Union established on July 13th, 2021
- Haven and Hanau join the Southern Union on July 14th, 2021
- Iskander joins the Southern Union on July 16th, 2021
- Aurelius and Aethelmod staged a coup against the Southern Union Emperor on July 18th, 2021
- Caelestis Isles joins the Southern Union on July 19th, 2021
- Republic of Lydoneia officially established on July 24th, 2021
- Hanau renamed to Redpeak on July 25th, 2021
- Haven becomes Lydoneia’s capital on August 1st, 2021
- Lydoneia fought in the Great Alathran War alongside the Entente against Elyria, beginning and ending involvement on August 19th, 2021
- Haven Capitolium Established on August 25th, 2021
- Lydoneia swears Fealty to Emperor Sherman of Elyria on September 1st, 2021
- Aethelmod executed by Elyrian Forces on September 2nd, 2021
- Lydoneia assisted Peachfield (Elyria) in the Elyrian Civil War against Aerdale and Estea beginning September 14th, 2021
- Lydoneia sent assistance, both mental and physical, to aid Dalleton in the Prospitian Revolution beginning on September 19th, 2021
- Alathran International Assembly and Alathran High Court founded by Aurelius and Lucius on September 25th, 2021
- First Haven expansion completed October 1st, 2021
- Haven Vinum, Haven West, Haven’s Keep and Haven North established October 25th, 2021
- Lydoneia declared independence from Elyria on October 28th, 2021
- Wesdurn-Kazem established October 30th, 2021
- Wok Established from a Caelestis Isles’ outpost October 30th, 2021
- Lydoneia sends forces to assist Elyria in the Elyrian-Estean War, beginning on November 20th, 2021.
- Wesdurn-Overgrowth Established December 18th, 2021
- Egregan joined Lydoneia on December 29th, 2021
- Aurelius and Ottavius Lucius go finish the Lydoneian Air Fleet on January 2nd, 2022
- Rynnth goes missing from Wok prior to January 2nd, 2022
- Llull Ancane arrives on Wok on January 2nd, 2022
- Caelestis Isles rebranded to Novus Caelestis under Coz on January 12th, 2022
- Lydoneia acquired Yomama Town on January 23rd, 2022.
- Haven is attacked by Ra'thra beginning The Haven Storm sequence on February 1st, 2022
- Llull Ancane is killed by Rynnth during The Haven Standoff on February 13th, 2022
- Spar joined Lydoneia on February 6th, 2022
- Fort Roberts reforms on February 10th, 2022
- Aurelius is attacked by Ra’thra on February 10th, 2022
- Ra’thra is captured in Haven in the form of marbles on February 11th, 2022
- Rynnth takes over Llull’s body in Haven on February 12th, 2022
- The Guild joined Lydoneia on February 18th, 2022
- Seorvis absorbs into Lydoneia on February 20th, 2022
- Alathran International Assembly reforms on February 26th, 2022
- Crimson Tundra joined Lydoneia on March 6th, 2022
- The Source is founded on March 16th, 2022
- The Academy sends invites out to students on March 31st, 2022
- Automadenn is founded on April 12th, 2022
- Haven is bombed by unknown terrorists on April 13th, 2022
- Seorvis region is integrated into Lydoneia adding Syzmo and Eldae to the HOR on April 23rd, 2022
- The Academy's opening ceremony is bombed on April 27th, 2022
- Signs with dead animals appear proclaiming the downfall of Lydoneia on April 30th, 2022
- An emergency HOR meeting is held and Zamaria joins the HOR on May 3rd, 2022
Lydoneia was originally an avoided area, as the wall of tundra surrounding the taiga was deemed impossible to cross. Eventually, at an unknown date, however, historical record shows that a group of people now called "Pre Lydoneians" eventually ventured in by sea from Lothridge. On this voyage, the Caelestis Isles were also discovered, however no one settled on any of the islands due to the extreme cold. A generation after this discovery, however, the Pre-Lydoneians became a completely separate people from the Ashinians before them, and the area which is in the modern day town of Fort Roberts was forgotten. Some time later, a man by the name of Hat_Crab refounded Fort Roberts and built up the area as the new capital of his nation, The Southern Union.
Establishment of the Southern Union
The nation of Lydoneia was founded as the Southern Union by the before said Hat_Crab with the capital being Fort Roberts as a monarchal society with Hat Crab being the emperor of the country. Development was slow but steady and the southeast of Koganon was eventually fully under his control. The young nation faced it's first big obstacle when it found itself bordering IceSteel territory. IceSteel was not happy about the newer claims on the northern rivers, and with the integration of new towns such as Haven and Iskandar.
The nation, after the annexation of Hanau (modern day Havens Keep) and Haven saw the nations population explode from ~8 players to ~25 players. On top of that, the 2nd Icesteel Empire collapsed, fully legitimizing Lydoneia's claims on Iskandar and southern Icesteel. However, while all this was happening, Crab's capital of Fort Roberts didn't grow and instead became dwarfed by the towns of Haven and Hanau.
Although the capital of The Southern Union was Fort Roberts, it seemed as though the running of the nation was done from Hanau. Emperor Hat Crab also revoked voting rights in the national assembly from Kithe and Iskandar, leaving not only the people upset with Crab, but also the bureaucrats angry with him as well. Then, on July 18th, 2021, the leaders of Hanau (Aethelmod) and Haven (Aurelius of Haven) threw a coup to overthrow Emperor Crab. The coup was peaceful and successful and some new changes were made.
1. The Southern Union would become a Republic.
2. Emperor Crab would be able to still be a general, but step down as emperor.
3. The capital of the country was changed to Hanau.
4. The nations name would be changed to the Republic of Lydoneia.
5. All towns would get say in the national assembly
6. Aethelmod would become prime minister (Although this was more of a symbolic position).
Crab would eventually quit the server soon after, and was not involved with Lydoneian policies ever again (as of March 2022, but that's not likely to change).
Establishment of the Republic
After Aethelmod took charge of the country, he changed prime minister to make it a symbolic position like a figurehead, and handed all decisions over to the national assembly. The Caelestis Isles, a city formed by Rynnth joined the nation shortly after, quickly becoming a very wealthy trade city with tons of raw resources. The brand new Republic also quickly began to establish good relations with Kogongu and the Arcadian Altanate, eventually coming to an alliance. Finally a flag was designed and chosen for the new country, but it looked like shit and nobody used it, so the design above is as of currently an unofficial redesign. A motto was also chosen, being "Semper Anticus, Lydoneia!" meaning "Always forward, Lydoneia!"
The new republic seemed to be going through a breeze, with population and economy steadily increasing, however, the prime minister, Aethelmod went missing and was inactive from the server for weeks. Aurelius took de-facto charge of the nation, which seemed to be on the path to war with the Elyrians. Aethelmod eventually did return, not in server, but discord, and was critical of Aurelius new foreign policy, going from a neutral nation to aligning itself with the newly formed Entente. The two leaders bickered and both had their reasons for either joining the upcoming war, or staying out of it. However the decision was eventually made to formally join the Entente on August 18th along with the Arcadian Altanate, which severely damaged relations between Aurelius and Aethelmod. Soon after, Aethelmod would exit the nation to form his own town, Albia. Aethelmod and Aurelius eventually improved relations soon after.
The Great Alathran War
The Republic joined the Alathran Entente, an alliance against Elyria, on August 18th after a meeting with Arcadian officials, who would join the alliance the next day. Lydoneian troops would mostly serve at the Siege of Peachfield where they and other coalition troops were defeated mostly due to the irregularity of the Coalition high command. The coalition troops seemed to never be able to attack with more than 50% strength and for most of the war, coalition troops were defending areas not under attack, or just hanging out in Petersburg due to not having received any instructions on what to do.. After a ring of battles lost in the initial stages of the great war, and with a lot of equipment lost, Lydoneia was given the option by Elyria to withdraw from the war with no punishment except having to swear fealty to them. Although the war was technically a stalemate, with Elyria being unable to land a decisive blow to the remaining Federation of Arith, the war ended with the Federation accepting many of Elyrias demands.
Post Great Alathran War
Lydoneia lost a lot from the war, even though the treaty terms they got were pretty light. Economically, Lydoneia lost ~$1,000,000 in equipment mostly consisting on Netherite armor and weapons, something the nation did not recovered from until December of 2021. Lydoneia also mostly cut off relations from the rest of the world except for Kogongon, where The Arcadian Altanate still remains an ally. Lydoneia from that point, was very isolationist and neutral in all foreign conflicts. On September 25th, however, Lydoneia broke it's isolationist tendencies and formed the AIA, or Alathran International Assembly. The goal of the assembly was to instead of go to war, resolve conflict through negotiation and talk. The country also generally recovered and even improved economically as well, with tycoon John Mcnug becoming a millionaire and being a symbol of Lydoneias newfound wealth.
The Haven Storm
The Haven Terrorist Attacks
- Haven (see also Haven Festivus, Haven North, Haven West, Yomama Town)
- Haven's Keep (formerly Hanau)
- Haven Vinum
- Caerula Hall
- Fort Roberts
- Nocti Interflumin (formerly Iskandar)
- Novus Caelestis (formerly Caelestis Isles)
- Nugtown (now fallen)
- The Source
- City of Egregan
Members in Lydoneia
- Aurelius (House of Representatives, Haven)
- Morgan Attano (House of Representatives, Haven)
- Ottavius Lucius (House of Representatives, Haven)
- Remora (House of Representatives, House of Diplomacy, Haven)
- Ibn-Al-Nabeel (House of Representatives, Haven)
- Sayyid (House of Representatives, Noctı Interflumin)
- Bergljot Eytelis (House of Representatives, Haven's Keep)
- Rynnth (House of Representatives, Wok)
- Esmer (House of Representatives, Haven Vinum)
- Baaki (House of Representatives, Haven)
- Specz Arcanes (House of Representatives, House of Diplomacy, The Source)
- Red (House of Representatives, Fort Roberts)
- Syzmo (House of Representatives, Jotunstan)
- Eldae (House of Representatives, Educre)
- Coz (House of Representatives, Novus Caelestis)
- Zamaria (House of Representatives (emergency), Haven Vinum)
- John McNug (House of Representatives (former), Wesdurn-Kazem, Deceased)
- Llull Ancane (House of Representatives (emergency), Wok, Deceased)
- Sparkus (Leader, Egregan)
- Serenity (Member, The Source)
- Ruby (Member, Haven)
- Azrael (Member, The Source)
- J (Member, Jotunstan)
- Quella Sprucechild (Member, The Source)
- Marco Horrowitz (Member, The Source)
- Fluff (Member, Haven Vinum, Deceased)
- Twyst (teacher at the Haven Academy and Detective during the Haven Bombings)
- Lydoneia is currently the richest country on the server with a GDP of $20,525,000
- The Lydoneian discord is by far the coolest discord you should join now
- Lydoneia's National Animal is the phoenix and is depicted in it's discord logo